Thursday, June 15, 2017

Create Along With Us - June 2017

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's release week challenge Create Along With Us.  Once again, so many beautiful cards I would've liked to re-create, but when it came right down to it, color was what swayed me and I couldn't resist another one of Dawn McVey's lovely creations!  Here is her card:

GardenParty-donotworry1

And here is mine:


I was drawn to the yellow (Harvest Gold) paired up with the blues and greens...so striking!!  I like the way Dawn used the new To The Point Edger Dies on her card much better than mine, but since I had to improvise with some square dies, this was the best I could do.  I liked how much more white space was available on Dawn's card so her flower design didn't take over like my leaves (Leave It Be) did.  Oh well, it's only temporary till I can order, and I still like this card anyway!  The colors are just so bright and cheery and I love the sentiment from Phrases & Praises.  Some thick bakers twine and a few Rainstones finished off my card.

You can check out all the lovely inspiration from the DT and the gallery too, right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!



6 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! Love the colors and your design. What a great take on Dawn's card.

lainey said...

You imitated Dawn's card but made it your own. This uses one of my favorite color combinations - yellow, blue and green. The twine and rainstones are a lovely addition to the card.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh my goodness, your case is 'spot on', and truly your own! Love the point, and turning the square on its side was brilliant! Gorgeous!!!

Carmela said...

Good job Marcia. Like how you made your card and colors are lovely!!

merryf said...

This is lovely! Leave It Be has been on my wishlist forever -- Thank you for the inspiration!

Helen F. said...

LOVE this color combo, Marcia! your card is oh-so-pretty and a beautiful Dawn-like CASE :-)