Thursday, May 4, 2017

CAS Mix Up May 2017

Hello friends.  Playing along with the CAS Mix Up card challenge for this month, where they are asking for Splattering.


My eyes lit up when I saw this challenge...I do LOVE splattering!  In fact, sometimes a little too much!  Like I don't know when to stop sometimes!  But I held it together this time and came up with this:


I couldn't resist starting with some of my new DOX inks (Spiced Marmalade & Worn Lipstick), and I have to tell you, these inks are addicting once you get started!  They blend like you just can't believe!  Laura Bassen always says that certain inks blend like "buttah", and that describes DOX inks to a "T"!!  And then when you combine two of my favorite colors together AND splattering, well, color me happy!!  I splattered with water first and then a little white acrylic paint.  After letting my panel dry overnight, I simply adhered it to a white card base and added a fun and new (to me) die cut from Waffle Flower called Magic Flower Border that I had cut out in white.  To finish I added a banner die cut (PTI"s Quilted: Tag Sale and Keep It Simple: Birthday), and a few sequins.

To complete this challenge I Splattered, die cut, & stamped.  This challenge is open till the 24th, so get out all your splattering tools and play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

  

7 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautiful blending and stunning card Marcia! Great job splattering too! I just ordered some of the Oxide Inks and can't wait for them to arrive.

Loll said...

So pretty, Marcia!! Your blending is beautiful with this combination of gorgeous colours (my favourites!!). Love the addition of water splatters and white splatters. Gorgeous detailing on your new border die. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!! xx

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background, Marcia! The splattering adds a great pattern and the beautiful die is gorgeous with that wonderful background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda said...

Beautiful job on the background. I haven't tried my oxides yet, but you have inspired me to do so. Lovely card, my friend.

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful blended and splattered background for your lovely white die cut border Marcia! Love the colors you used - thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

Mac Mable said...

So eye catching and your background is so beautifully blended. The White die cut looks stunning against that fabulous background X

desperatehousewifecraft said...

I really love the white flowers against that beautiful vibrant background you created!