Monday, February 20, 2017

Celebrating the Past, Present, & Future with Papertrey Ink - 2015

Hello friends.  Papertrey Ink is still celebrating their 10th anniversary and we're up to year 2015 now.  What a fabulous year for releases, and once again, I had a hard time choosing what set to go with, but Heather Nichols Twig Wreath has really had my heart from the get go!  I was inspired by Amy Sheffer's and Silke Ledlow's use of a doily behind the wreath, so that was my starting point for this card:


I had also always thought of this stamp set as a "Fall" set, but really liked how some were using it with more Spring and Summer colors, so out came the Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Hawaiian Shores, and New Leaf inks!  A lot of fussy cutting for me on this card as I don't own the dies, but I'm one of those who loves fussy cutting, so it's all good!  A little bit of striped DSP from the Hawaiian Shores Pattern Paper Pack, some bling, and a seam binding ribbon finished up this colorful and Spring like card.

Still a few more days to celebrate with Papertrey Ink, so check it all out right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

  

4 comments:

lainey said...

Marcia, you know when you look at something and think "why didn't I think of that?" Well, my thoughts exactly when I saw your card with the wreath stamped on the doily! What a beautiful design and color selection. Simply stunning!!

Sandy Kay said...

Love your take on the Twig Wreath - matted on a doily - so pretty!

Birgit said...

Wow!!! This is gorgeous! I love too, how you used a fall set to make a beautiful spring card. You're so good at "out of the box" thinking.

Jill Norwood said...

Love how you added the flowers to this wreath! I too love to fussy cut. 😀