Monday, September 26, 2016

September 2016 Challenge with Birgit & Patti

Hello friends.  It's that time of the month where BIRGIT, PATTI and I challenge ourselves to think outside the box!  Well, it was definitely a challenge for me this month!  And that's good, because sometimes (OK, a LOT of the time!!) I tend to get too comfortable using the same stamp sets and layouts over and over again!!  Patti picked the challenge this month, and wanted us to use ANY of the Inspired sets, the Forget Me Not set, and the Winter or Spring Woods sets.  It took me a little time to get into this challenge, but once I did, I had no problem coming up with 5 cards for this challenge.  My first 4 cards follow the seasons, and my last card was just because I wanted to make another card!  :0)

So let's start with Spring:



I started with the Spring Woods Cover Plate die cut (Thank you Nancy Penir...you sent me a few of these a loooooong time ago and I finally used one!!) that I placed over a white card base.  My little floral clusters from the Forget Me Not set were stamped in Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Bright Buttercup, and New Leaf inks.  I used the same blues on the bird from the Spring Woods set and for the stacked die cut "Praise" from the Inspired: Praise set.  The rest of the sentiment was embossed with white on black cardstock.

A very simple card for Summer comes next:



I called this one Summer simply because I love purple flowers in the Summer.  I used Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Summer Sunrise, and Simply Chartreuse inks for the flowers.  I die cut a circle using a Lil Inkers stitched circle die and added my sentiment to that using the Inspired: Grace set.  A little strip of striped DSP, some sequins, and bakers twine finished off this simple card.

Fall comes next:



This card may be little (3 3/4" X 3 3/4"), but I love how it turned out!  I used some more Gina Marie Design dies for the rounded and stitched squares and also for the twig wreath.  My flowers and bird were stamped in Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse, & black inks.  I used the Inspired: Blessed set and Canyon Clay cardstock to cut the "Blessed" multiple times, and then finished off with a few Rainstones and some twine.

And finally Winter:


 
Of course I had to use the Cardinal for Winter!  I started with watercolor cardstock for this card and used my Aqua Painter on the pine branches I stamped in Simply Chartreuse.  Because I didn't want to take away from the Cardinal or the watercolored branches, and still wanted to use the flowers from Forget Me Not, I used just the very centers from the flowers in Scarlet Jewel ink and then used my Aqua Painter on those too.  I'm hoping they look a little bit like Winter berries!  My sentiment on this one uses the Inspired: Grace set again.  A few clear sequins and some matting finished up this card.

And last, but not least, a card that uses a few of my favorite PTI colors:


 
I absolutely LOVE Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks together, and I hadn't used my Inspired: Prayer set yet, so those were the inspirations for this last card.  I love using the ombre coloring on these stacked die cut sentiments too...I think it makes for such a pretty focal point!  Most of these cards will be going to my dear friend Nora (who I mentioned before in this post) who is battling with ALS...prayers and cards for this sweet lady would definitely be appreciated!!).

Like I said in the beginning of my post, I was a little leery of trying to use all these stamp sets together, but in the end, I had a blast and think my cards came out pretty good!  Hope you enjoyed them too, and PLEASE make sure you stop by BIRGIT and PATTI'S blogs too as I know they will both inspire you also to get these fabulous Papertrey Ink sets out and play.  Comments are ALWAYS appreciated, and thanks so much for sticking it out through this loooooong post!

 

12 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness Marcia, I'm speechless among these beauties! I love each and every one of them equally! Nora is blessed to have you as a friend and your beautiful cards are sure to bring joy to her days!! You're such a kind and thoughtful friend. You totally rocked this challenge!!!

Linda said...

Marcia, these are all absolutely gorgeous. Awesome job my friend. Nora will love them.

LauraJane:) said...

Your Forget-Me-Nots are so pretty in all the colors!!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Marcia! I've never seen a prettier group of Chickadees!!! Aren't they darling in every shade of the rainbow? Just precious...
=] Michele

Marybeth said...

My goodness this are beyond gorgeous! I love the detail on each beautiful card! I think I love the blessed card best , a year because it's fall! Wow!! N

Bonnie said...

Wow! All five of these are awesome, Marcia!

Karen L K said...

Very nice! All of them are so pretty!

Karen L K said...

Very nice! All of them are so pretty!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Marcia. Love the pretty birds and those sweet floral clusters. I wish I got Forget Me Not because I just love the sweet flowers... beautiful lay-outs and colors.

Patti said...

Hello dear friend : ) I apologize for being so terribly late in posting!! Our friends are here from WI and it seems every minute of my day has been taken up in either making food, cleaning up from eating or outside playing with them!! : )

I just love that you did a four season theme!! These sets work so perfectly for it too!

I am also so happy you shared the color of inks you used because I LOVE each and every one of them!! I think your first card is my all time favorite in this set on-line! I Love those trees and your design and the colors you selected! I gotta SHOP! for those trees and then CASE you!! LOL

Your second card is just sweet! Again, I love the colors you used and the use of the black and white stripe was the perfect addition!! This is beautiful! I especially love the stitched highlight you created for your beautiful sentiment! This is such an elegant way to show off these sets.

I love the Fall card with the rich colors and sweet little design! every layer adds to this delightful little card.

Perfect! watercoloring on the greenery in your first wintery card! I did not get the chance to order the Winter Woods set yet. This card cements in my decision to get it ASAP : ) The cardinal is the perfect winter card icon! and your design gives him the attention he deserves! : )

Your last card in THE most beautiful colors is so calming and peaceful! Nora or anyone would feel loved to receive this darling card friend!!

Thank you for all the inspiration!

Patti

Colleen said...

Marcia, where to begin...these ar just amazing...I m so glad you girls used these stamps, you have inspired me to CAS YOU!! I love them and the different ways you used those stamps, which is the whole point of this challenge between you three! I just love going and seeing how different each of you make your cards! I am also so happy to see cooler and wet weather so I can spend some time inside and look around at all my friends on the internet...I have surely missed that the last few weeks but my house guest from Norway has gone home and my jobs outside are done, so now I get to play. Thank you for sharing these cards in this mini challenge between you girls, you are all so different yet very inspiring! Heart Hugs, Col

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, I can't believe I missed this post, whip me with a wet noodle!
I look forward to the challenge you 2 do, and now with Patti, it's triple the fun and inspiration! Love, love each and every sweet seasonal card. Beautiful and themed perfectly! Absolutely agree with you about the scarlett jewel and Autumn rose paring. So rich, I love the berry colors!!! Thanks for the shout out too! Must go over and see what Birgit and Patti did! Hugs!