Sunday, July 24, 2016

SAF 2016 - Water Color Like A Master With Kay Miller

Hello again.  I just watched Kay Miller's Water Color Like A Master video twice (mostly because I loved listening to her Southern accent!!) to make sure I didn't miss anything as I have been in awe of Kay's water coloring skills since she joined the Papertrey Ink team!  Decided to stick with Kay's basic layout and just change up my flower (Mum's The Word) colors a tiny bit...substituting Scarlet Jewel ink for the Summer Sunrise ink that she used, and came up with this:


It really looks kind of like I know what I'm doing right?  I loved this technique and will definitely be practicing again and again! 

Make sure you check out Kay's fabulous video and card right HERE, and then play along!

Thanks again for stopping by...I love it when you do!

5 comments:

Linda said...

You are doing a great job catching up. Beautiful cards Marcia. Your starry night sky is so gorgeous as well as the one above.

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, this is stunning! This is one technique that I so definitely want to try. I'm playing catch up myself, on commenting and I think your other entries are fabulous as well. Your cards are always inspiring to me!!

Sue said...

We both caught up on the same techniques. I'm posting my later today. I love Kay's accent, too. She is amazing and I love how she did her water coloring. I was so excited to try it after her video. I hope she does more in the future!

Sue said...

Ha, I forgot to tell you, your card turned out so pretty. I love the colors you used, too. The Scarlet Jewel looks very pretty! Beautiful!

Kay Miller said...

Thanks so much Marcia for your sweet comments!! Your card turned out stunning! I adore the colors you used. I want to go do one with those now :) Beautiful work and I'm so glad you gave this a try! :)