Thursday, June 2, 2016

Choose Joy

Hello friends.  Playing along with a couple challenges that gave me the opportunity to use some of my new goodies.  Take a look:


The Challenge - #75  gave me the sketch to use for my card, so I started with a basic white card base and stenciled using Tim Holtz's Flourish with Picked Raspberry distress ink onto the left hand side of my card.  Next I added a doily that I die cut from a Cheery Lynne die (a gift from my dear friend Birgit!!) with vellum and embossed with just a touch of silver.  A strip of DSP over the top of the doily was added next and then used a new butterfly die (Gina Marie Designs) from some really pretty hot pink glitter cardstock.  My sentiment is from PTI's Choose Joy stamp set (LOVE this set!!) and then finished with a few sequins.  A pretty quick and simple card, but I really love the way it turned out!

Here's a closer up view of that sparkly butterfly and doily:


I'm entering this card into the following 3 challenges:

The Challenge #75
SSS Monday Challenge - Monochrome
CAS Mix Up June 2016 Challenge


Simon Monday Challenge Blog
 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

9 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautiful, Marcia! I love the silver embossed edges on the doily. Such a sweet and classy touch!

nancy littrell said...

So pretty Marcia. Your die cut Doily and glittery butterfly add such wonderful dimension. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia! I love that stenciling and the embossed doily! And that pink, glitter butterfly is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Pretty!! That sparkly butterfly is gorgeous Marcia. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Colleen said...

Wow, you have so many wonderful elements on this card! I love the stencil and the glittery butterfly is so pretty! Beautiful card, friend!! Have a great weekend...it is supposed to be 100 both days...YIKES!!

Nance said...

A pretty and sparkly card! Love the pink! Thanks for playing along with our sketch week at The Challenge!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW! I really adore this card! The elements you combined look amazing together and the layout was really clever. I don't think I've ever seen a card quite like this and I stared at it, soaking in the details, for quite a while instead of doing the dishes. Totally worth it! I especially love how you incorporated the polka dot strip. Lovely, lovely work and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Susan said...

Love the sparkle of the butterfly and the lovely shades of pink! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Sue said...

So many details on this card! I love all of it, but the butterfly is my favorite. She just pops off the page!!