Thursday, January 21, 2016

Merry Monday #188 - Hot Bevvies

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Merry Monday challenge today, and the focus is on your favorite hot beverage.  I am so NOT a coffee drinker (I agree with Laura Bassen...it tastes like hot dirt!!), but I do like a nice cup of hot tea during the winter months!  So I dug out my Fancy Tea Cup die (PTI) and cut out 3 tea cups and then "smooshed" them with PTI's newest ink color...Mint Julep.  Take a look:




No sunlight today, so just imagine this card a bit brighter!  After smooshing the tea cups I embossed the edges with a little bit of gold to give the impression of fancy and delicate cups.  I stamped the leaf and flower from PTI's Cuppa Love.  The little tags are from Tiny Tags (also PTI), and I used DSP from Penny Black.  The background is stamped with Crumb Cake ink and a stamp from Season's Greetings (again PTI).

 
 
Check out all the great cards from the DT and players, and then play along!  You can find all the info you need right HERE.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!  :0)


9 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card. Love how those tea cups look with your smoothing. The cookies give it a nice vintage feel. Love the tiny tags.

jasann said...

Hi Marcia, just love your teacups, they are so sweet!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

LOVE those teacups, Marcia!! I am with you on the whole coffee thing...and just think of all the money we save to spend on stamps!! Tonight I took my granddaughter to "Critter Cabana", she loves holding all the little puppies! tonight she told me I really needed to buy this one puppy, it was only $1200!! I said, I know this is the cutest thing EVER! But just imagine all the stamps I could buy with $1200!!! She laughed! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday!

Birgit said...

Oh how sweet this is! The gold rims on the tea cups are an awesome touch and I love the sweet little flowers you gave them!! Perfect ink smooshing too!!

Bonnie said...

What pretty tea cups, Marcia! They remind me of fine china! And I love the Merry Christmas tea bags! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of teacups, Marcia!! So great on the doily! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your little teabags are so adorable! Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Merry Monday!

conil said...

Amazing layering. Love the way you worked the sentiment into your design with the teabags.

Crafty Cakes and Cards said...

Lovely card, I particularly like the doiley. If it was coffee you could almost think it was froth. Love the tea bags also. Very nice.