Saturday, January 23, 2016

Altenew Academy Watercoloring Class Day 5

Hello friends.  Completed day 5 of the watercoloring class I'm participating in at ALTENEW ACADEMY, and today's lesson was about watercoloring solid image stamps.  I used the solid butterfly image from Altenew's Painted Butterflies, and came up with this:



I did cheat on this one a little.  After I measured, watercolored my 3 butterflies, and stamped my sentiment, I used the outline stamp with Tropical Teal ink on the 2 outside butterflies, and Dusty Concord on the middle butterfly to give them a little more definition.  I realize the lesson was about just using the solid image, but it just seemed so plain........   Before I started this class I would have used black ink to outline the butterflies without giving it another thought, but after day 4's lesson, using the same color ink taught me about just a subtle outlining and I really like that!  Lydia also talked about using sentiments from different stamp sets, so I combined the "You Inspire Me" from the Painted Butterflies stamp set and the "Thank You" from PTI's Keep it Simple: Thank You.  A very CAS card and I just love the way it turned out!  Very, very happy with all I'm learning from this class...thank you Lydia!!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and enjoy your weekend!  :0)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love your butterflies Marcia, really like how you used the outline stamp along with it. So beautiful. You have really rocked this class.

Birgit said...

This is so gorgeous! After seeing all the beautifu cards made with this, I want this set!! I love the idea of using the outline stamp in the color that it's colored with. Another great tip to try to remember. A great combination of sentiments too!

Darnell said...

Once again, you have done an amazing job with your homework, Marcia! I've enjoyed all your posts since my last visit. I actually started (and am on lesson 3) of the first class in my lineup of watercoloring classes, so there is real hope that I'll make it to this Altenew class in this year, lol!

Do you do that? Do you do things in oldest to newest order, like answering comments or taking classes? I'm very orderly like that and I was just thinking, why? Who says I can't just do the Altenew class NOW? Mmmmm, no, nope, Hammy won't let me and that's that, but I am on my way and I thank you for all the fabulous inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell