Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Create Along With Us - Dec. 2015

Hello friends.  Just popping in with a quick card for Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us challenge.  I loved Erin Lincoln's card that she made using snowflakes and the new Gemstones set, and while obviously not having the Gemstone set, I do have plenty of snowflakes and other sentiments...and this is what I came up with:



What drew me to this CAS card most of all was the frame...such a simple addition, but what a punch it packs!  I used the snowflake stamps from Quilted: Winter and the die cut snowflake from Fancy Flakes and Spring Rain ink and cardstock.  The frame is a Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle die that I also cut from Spring Rain cardstock.  I added a few sequins and some glitter to the edges of the popped up snowflake to finish this quick and easy card.

 There is LOTS of inspiration to draw from this month at all the PTI designers sites, so if you're behind on your Christmas cards, or even need some thank you cards, make sure you check these gals wonderful cards out...you won't be disappointed!!  You can also find all the info you need to play along with this challenge right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

8 comments:

Linda said...

So pretty Marcia. Love the soft background. And thanks for the beautiful Christmas card that I received in the mail. So fun. Love the glitter background on your ornament. It is so gorgeous. Love having blogging friends.

Clare said...

So pretty! I love the glitter tipped snowflakes!!

Birgit said...

This is lovely Marcia! The frame really does add so much to a CAS card. The soft background and bolder color in the foreground make this a peaceful and perfect card!!

Jeni Jenne said...

Oh my goodness, great job! I love the Quilted: Winter set. You did a great job showcasing it here. The frame is a simple way to add lots of pizzaz; I like the was it accents your sentiment.

Cindy H. said...

This is very pretty! Great job of casing Erin's card!

Nancy Penir said...

So pretty, Marcia. Love the glittered snowflake, and 'gems' of snowflakes behind the frame!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Fabulous take on Erin's card Marcia. The sequins are a nice touch.

Marybeth said...

I love this frame and stamped snowflakes, such a beautiful card and great take on Erin’s card! Love the dipped in glitter edges too, Marcia!