Monday, November 9, 2015

City Crafters Challenge #287 - Dye It (or Die It)

Hello friends.  Back with week two of being the Special Guest Star over at the City Crafters Challenge Blog, and this week the challenge is all about using your dies.  That's it...just dies!  No stamping, no DSP, nothing but dies!  That is a challenge, right?!!  After I started thinking about it though, the ideas started floating, and I came up with this relatively quick and easy card!  Take a look:


I started with a kraft card base, and then die cut the word "thankful" from PTI's Counting My Blessings many times, also with kraft cardstock.  I spaced the words out and glued four of the die cuts to my card base, and then glued additional die cuts (I think I layered 5 altogether) to the 2nd thankful for more dimension.  Before I glued down the top one, I sponged it using distress ink (Walnut Stain), so that it would stand out from the other three.  Next I die cut 3 leaves from PTI's Phrase Play #7 from Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, & Cherry Cobbler cardstocks, and then lightly gilded the edges with gold embossing powder.  I tucked all 3 of them under the "h" and then wrapped a piece of twine around the letter "h" also.  I die cut a couple small leaves from PTI's Polka Dot Parade #6 and randomly glued them down to look like they were falling from the thankful tree.  This really was an easy card...the longest part was doing all the die cuts!



Hope you will join in this week, and see what you can come up with using just your dies and your imagination!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)    

6 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! I love how you made the focal sentiment stand out and those fabulous gold dipped leaves!! Your attention to detail is so visible on this sweet card!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is stunning and clever Marcia, thanks for being our special guest star for November at CCCB! : )

Marina said...

I love the texture and dimension on this card - it looks great in kraft, Thank you for being Special Guest Star at CCCB.

Lyndal said...

This is stunning Marcia!

Lyndal said...

This is stunning Marcia!

Stella said...

Marica due to my exam and abit of flu I missed your first card as a GD. My apologies. I am happy to have you on our team for November and your card is a stunner! I love that PTI sentiment die. Perfect for this challenge and I love these colors. A perfect card for this season. Looking forward to see another stunning card made by you!