Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tree Poem

Hello friends.  Sorry I've been missing for a few days...my mom had surgery last week and I was her nurse for awhile.  She's 83 years young and did great, but I didn't get much stamping done!  I do have a card I made a few weeks ago that I haven't shared yet, called Tree Poem from Stampendous.  Take a look:



I used Tea Dye and Dusty Concord Distress Inks for my background and then stamped the tree (and poem) in Memento Black ink.  The part that my photo didn't capture was the Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist I sprayed the card with that gives it a really shimmery look.  It reminds me of early evening when the sun is going down...very soft and golden.  I matted with black and kraft cardstocks, and then tied a bit of cream colored twine at the fold.  I didn't add a sentiment, and left the inside blank, figuring I can use this one for many different reasons as they come up.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

3 comments:

Birgit said...

Marcia, this is beautiful and so serene! I love the soft colors you achieved in your background using those colors. I have a heavy hand when it comes to blending distress inks but yours is perfectly light! However did you do that?? It's a perfect card for any occasion, as you said. Just beautiful!

Linda said...

So pretty, Marcia.

Kara Lynne said...

Your colors and that gold spray are a wonderful mixture! What a beautiful and serene card, Marcia!