Thursday, September 10, 2015

Just A Note

Hello friends.  Just a quick post today, but wanted to share a card I made with some left over flowers that I had made for this weeks Make it Monday challenge and my new (to me) Fancy Tea Cup die.  Take a look:


I used the same Memory Box stencil that I used for the MIM challenge on my background (hey, it was still laying out, so.....) with Sahara Sand so it would coordinate with the Something Borrowed DSP (SU!) that I used for the top layer of the tea cup.  The back layer of the tea cup is silver mirrored paper and when the sun hits it just right, it really shines!  The flowers are from Mum's The Word (PTI) and I used Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Rich Razzleberry, Simply Chartreuse, and Ripe Avocado inks.  A Rich Razzleberry cardbase, some bakers twine, and a few sequins finished off my card.

It just hit me that I could enter this into Darnell's latest NBUS challenge, as my teacup die has never been used before.  I have sooooo many NBUS stamps though, that I will have to make another card for this challenge so that some of these poor neglected stamps get some love!!

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!

 


5 comments:

Birgit said...

Your teacup vase is so sweet! Glad you finally were able to break it in and give it some attention. Gotta love Darnell's challenges to use our new goodies. ;0)

Helen F. said...

Love the Tea Cup die full of Mums~it is beautiful, Marcia! Hopefully you will create a lot more cards with it~I think I need that die now, it has so many possibilities. TFS :-)

Vikki H said...

oh, your card is so pretty! The tea cup die filled with flowers is delightful!

JD/ Jill said...

I like that tea cup die too...and you made a really pretty card using it!

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia! Just checked the list of winners in the NBUS challenge, and you won! I think it was for the Twinery! So excited for you. Love your gorgeous mums in a teacup, btw. Blessings, Nancy :)