Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fall or Halloween???

Hello friends.  I have another "two-fer" for you today, using PTI's Scene It: Hallows Eve dies.  Because I wanted to get more use out of these dies than just Halloween, I had to think a little bit outside the box, and came up with this cute Fall card:



I only used the top 2 pieces of the die and cut them out each twice, using Old Olive and Soft Suede cardstock.  Instead of using the moon piece of the die, I used a Lil Inker's Stitched Circle Die and used an ink blending tool, Tumbled Glass Distress ink, and a cloud template to make my sky.  The leaves and flowers are from the Polka Dot Parade #6 stamp and die set (PTI).  A little hard to tell in the first photo, but I Wink of Stella'd the leaves quite heavily, so IRL this card has a lot of sparkle. :0)  My sentiment is from Melissa Phillip's Choose Joy stamp set.

For my next card, I used the die as it was intended...for a Halloween card!


 
This time I did use the moon piece of the die and colored it with Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.  I added the haunted house from Petite Places: Spook Manor and stamped it in Smoky Slate and Wisteria Wonder inks, and then colored in the windows with some of the Spiced Marmalade ink to look like the reflection of the moon showing through.  I also stamped a few of the bats from the stamp set and added my sentiment from Halloween Treats and Sweets (PTI).  A few black sequins and some bakers twine finished off my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Kara Lynne said...

So fun, Marcia! You really created two very different cards from the same dies. Both are wonderful!