Thursday, March 26, 2015

Make it Monday #206 - Stamping & Mixing Patterns

Hello friends.  In this weeks Make it Monday challenge, Danielle Flanders shows us how to make our own DSP!  I must admit I was a little intimidated by this when I first saw Danielle's beautiful card and video, but once I got started, the excitement grew, and I really like what I came up with!  Take a look:


I did not make as many papers as Danielle and some of the other entries, as I was a little chicken about my card being too busy...maybe I'll be braver next time!  Anyway, I used the large solid dots from Polka Dot Basics and Harvest Gold ink for my 1st paper, then the medium open dot (same set) and Orange Zest ink, along with every stamp in the "Keep it Simple: Birthday" for my 2nd sentiment paper, and then the medium chevron (Background Basics: Super Chevron) and Spring Moss ink for my 3rd paper.  My flowers and leaves (Rosie Posie) I stamped and fussy cut.  Here's what it looked like put together:



I added a few rainstones and some black & white bakers twine to finish off my card.  This really went together a lot easier than I thought, and I will definitely be trying this technique again! :0)

You can check out Danielle's beautiful card and video right here to play along and also see all the other great entries!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

13 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the colors and patterns you chose, and they go so well with the posies!

Sue said...

Very pretty! I love how it turned out. I will have to check out her video and hope that I find some time to try it.

Vikki H said...

Your card is a charming mix of color & patterns! So very pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

Love the citrus colors, Marcia, and your mix is fabulous! Always love Rosie Posie, and you've stamped the roses perfectly.

Birgit said...

Marcia, I just adore this sweet card! Your stamped papers are fabulous! I especially love the sentiment one with open dots. So cute and clever and not too busy at all. Rosie Posie is my favorite of all flower sets so you totally rocked this challenge in my eyes!

Diana K said...

I'm very impressed, Marcia. Beautiful design and colours and impeccable stamping!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such sweet creation Marcia!

Danielle Flanders said...

Really beautiful! Love the color mix!

Karen C. said...

Love your bold colour choices. I really like the dots and sentiment strip - that's something I want to try!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marcia! Love the colours and the beautiful patterned papers you created.

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful colours and patterns! Love your Rosie Posie card!

Joyously Noelle said...

sweet card and lovely colors!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love your card!!! The patterns are fantastic and the colors are fabulous!