Friday, February 20, 2015

Make it Monday #201 - Cover Plate Stencils & Embossing Paste

Hello friends.  Because it was such a COLD day here today, I stayed in and played in my stamp room and made a card for the current Make it Monday challenge.  I wasn't going to play this week as I only own one cover plate and feel like I use it for every challenge that uses cover plates.  I also don't own any embossing paste. (may need to rectify that!)  I've still been following the different cards that have been entered, and a few of the gals have said they used Glossy Accents with the stencils they made from their cover plates....hmmmmmmmm.....I could do that!  Wasn't as easy for me as it sounded!  The Glossy Accents kept getting under the stencil and just looked really messy!  I finally got one to come out that looked kind of ok, so I went with it.  Take a look:


The original plan had been to have the chevrons covering the whole background, but I was so happy to finally get 2 that didn't look terrible, that I quit and said that 2 was just fine! :0)  The rest of my card was inspired by a beautiful card I saw on one of the 8th Anniversary challenges where they used mostly black and white flowers from the "Doodlie-Do" stamp set. I also added a flower from "Beautiful Blooms" and leaves from "Pretty Petals" stamp sets.  My sentiment is from "Wet Paint" dies and stamp set.  I finished with a couple of enamel dots.

Lots of beautiful inspiration and Laurie's card and video over on Nichole's blog that you can check out right here. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! :0)

10 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Whoa, that's gorgeous, Marcia! so impressed with the glossy accents bg, and love the black & white with hot pink. So cute that you added the leaf to the sentiment.

Kara Lynne said...

Your chevrons came out great!! I love your Doodlie Do and other stamps cluster, and those pops of pink! Don't worry about using the same cover plate, I wish I had one so I could play along too!

Betty Sue said...

Love your chevron pattern and the colors you used!

Greta said...

Striking & beautiful! I only have 1 coverplate, too, & just keep using it over & over! I used a coupon at Michael's for my embossing paste--well worth it!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Marcia, this turned out beautifully! Love the black on black chevrons, the black and white Doodlie Doo flowers and the pop of pink.

Kathryn A said...

Love the contrast of your colours, and I didn't know you could use Glossy Accents this way! It looks great, but I bet the translucent embossing paste would be easier to use. Great card!

Diana K said...

This is stunning, Marcia! I think the card is perfect with just the border of chevrons and those black and white Doodlie-Do flowers are gorgeous. I also tried using Glossy Accents with the one cover plate I have with me (the circles) and mine turned into a hot mess.

Kristii said...

Wow!! Your card totally caught my eye!! The colors are so striking and the glossy chevron is fabulous!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

I think your card is so pretty!
Embossing paste has to be easier than glossy accents!
You are a trooper for trying it!

Kelly S. said...

So beautiful! The glossy chevrons and pop of pink so perfect with the black and white!!