Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Make it Monday #194 - Sympathy Cards & Stamped Borders

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post today as I really should be wrapping gifts rather than stamping, but hey...I'm addicted! (not sorry about it either!)  Melissa has a beautiful card and great video on how to make a border using partial stamping this week for the Make it Monday challenge.  I had fun using the December freebie stamp set (Pretty Petals) to make my card...take a look:


I apologize that the lighting wasn't better to take my photos, but there just isn't a lot of sun in Michigan in the winter!  I used Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist inks, along with black for the leaves, flower centers, and sentiment.  The sentiment is from "Heart - 2 - Heart #10" and for my tag I used the "Tag Sale #5" die.  I know it's a busy week, but if you do have some time, make sure you check out Melissa's video and beautiful card here .

Besides stamping, I love to knit, and decided to make a "First Christmas" ornament for my granddaughter Addy.  I think this will be a fitting ornament for her 1st Christmas:


Wishing each and every one of you a warm and most blessed Christmas with your families and loved ones!

7 comments:

Oreety said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! Nicely done. Oh and those booties are squeal worthy they're so cute!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Marcia your card is awesome and those booties are so adorable!

!neke said...

Great card ! I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new Year !
Greetings from the Netherlands !
Ineke

Linda said...

Lovely sympathy card. And those bottie ornaments are just too cute.

Greta said...

Great stamping on the sympathy card! What a treasure you've made for your granddaughter's first Christmas!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Cute booties. They will become a favorite as she grows older

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card and junk bow! Love the tiny ornaments! Merry Christmas ,Marcia! Blessing for a wonderful 2015!