Friday, December 19, 2014

Make it Monday #193 - Camouflaging Die Cuts

Happy Friday everyone!  Hope your "to do" lists are getting smaller and you're finding time to enjoy this beautiful season!  Today I'm playing along with the talented Laura Bassen from Papertrey Ink and the Make it Monday challenge.  Laura has a great video on how to camouflage your die cuts that you can check out right here .  Really loved the look of Laura's card, so I changed mine up just a bit to a "thank you" card, as I'm going to be needing a few of them!  Take a look:


I really like how this turned out, but I think I should have used a little more "elbow grease" as Laura said to make my colors (Aqua Mist & Hawaiian Shores) a little bolder.  My die cut is from the "Counting My Blessings Die Collection", and the "for you" is from 2 of the sentiments from the "Wet Paint" stamp set that I cut apart.  The half snowflake that I embossed the edges with silver, is from the "Phrase Play #9" die. (All dies and stamps from PTI)  I added a few iridescent sequins to finish my card.

Here's a closer view of the stacked "thankful" die cuts:


Love, LOVE the look of those die cuts stacked like that! :0)  Lots of really great cards in the gallery this week, so make sure you check them out!

I'll leave you with another picture of my adorable granddaughter Addy.  I know, I know, I'm a bit prejudiced, but I'm still new to the grandma thing, and every smile she gives me just reinforces for me how wonderful and beautiful she is! :0)


One of my daughter's dogs is just in love with Addy (he's a Puggle), and I think they're going to grow up together being best buds! :0)

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Marcia! I really like the embossed snowflake! What brand of powder did you use?

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome card Marcia! Your granddaughter is adorable. I'm fairly new at being a grandma too. My grandson is 7 months old now and I love spoiling him...

Julie B said...

I love this technique, it's so effective.
You have an adorable Granddaughter as well! :)

Kathryn A said...

Love your card just the way it is. You don't need bolder colours ;) Addy is adorable!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card - the partial snowflake is perfect! How sweet the holidays will be with that little bundle of joy in your arms :)

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... love the added snowflake! your granddaughter is so sweet!

Nancy Penir said...

Your card is perfection, Marcia! Soft and wintery, love the gentle grading of cool colors. Look at those eyes! Addy is a Christmas doll! Enjoy every moment, and happiness to you and yours this blessed season!

Colleen said...

Wonderful card, Marcia...and your little one is a doll...you can brag all you want about her...I love seeing her pictures! Have a blessed Christmas!