Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Merry Monday #129 - Use Neon Colors

Good morning friends.  The challenge at Merry Monday this week is to use neon colors on your Christmas card.  I admit that when I first saw this I turned up my nose a bit as when I think of neon, I think of highlighter yellow!  However, when I saw the design teams cards, I got excited about the bright colors they used and knew I had to play along!  One of my favorite stamp sets (right now!) is SU!'s new "Ornamental Pine".  Since I had just finished a card using traditional colors with this set and it was still laying out, it hit me it would be easy to make the same card with Green Galore (SU! - retired) and Pink Passion (also SU! and retired).  Take a look:



There hasn't been a whole lot of sun in my area, but in real life, this card really "pops" with the green and pink!  I matted with a bright silver mirror paper, and also made a snowflake ornament (Memory Box) from the same silver paper.  A few sequins finished my "neon" card.


Still lots of time to play along, so check out all the beautiful (and bright!) cards and information to play along right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Wednesday!

8 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

So happy you changed your mind, Marcia! Your neon card is beautiful. I love the silver accents too. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday! ;)

Sue said...

Looks beautiful. I, too, wasn't thrilled when I saw the challenge this week. You did an awesome job!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Beautiful card Marcia, you did great with our neon challenge! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! Love what you created with the neon colors! This is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a stunning Christams card. I think you did an excellent job with this challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Marcia, I love the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the ornament.

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card, I love the ornament!