Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Love & Joy

Good morning friends.  Back with another Christmas card from this past weekend when I finally had time to play with some new, and in this case, a new BUT never used for a year stamp!  This was one of those stamps I HAD to have but then just could never figure out a way to use it that I liked!  And go figure that this card came together SO easily and I really, really like it!  Take a look:


I know, I know, a simple and bold sentiment and I couldn't figure out what to do with it?!!  I think I was over-thinking it and making it harder than it actually was!  I stamped the sentiment (SU!) with versamark and embossed with silver on Wisteria Wonder cs, and then layered on silver mirror cardstock.  My background was made by using Memory Box's "Winter Flurry Frame" stencil with Wisteria Wonder and Bashful Blue inks sponged over it.  I love these 2 colors together and just the delicate lacy feel to the background against the bold sentiment! :0)  And look, I even finished the inside:


The sentiment on the inside is from PTI's new "Season's Greetings" stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  I'm off to take Daisy to the doggy parlor....can not take any more of her white hairs floating all over EVERYTHING!!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

laurie said...

That background is awesome, and I love the embossed sentiment!

Colleen said...

The background is stunning, Marcia! glad you figured out a way to use this...sometimes simple is the best and you have managed to make a gorgeous card!

Sue said...

Gorgeous! I love it and I just received that stencil, too!