Monday, August 18, 2014

Zentangled

Good morning friends.  My girlfriend Sue and I took a class last week on a technique called Zentangled.  Ever heard of it?  I never had until one our local stamp stores advertised the class, and we decided to check it out.  I'm not sure this is a technique I'd use very much, but if you like "busy" work, this might be a technique for you!  Zentangled is basically taking an image, dividing it into 4 (or more spaces), and then using a Micron pen to make little designs in each of your spaces.  Take a look:





Different huh?  You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them to see more detail.  I think maybe an even better word to describe this technique would be "doodling"...if you like to doodle then this could be a technique for you!  You can check out on Pinterest all different ways to use this technique if interested, and there are also a lot of workbooks by Suzanne McNeill showing you how to do this technique too.  Again, not sure this is a technique I will ever do much with, but it's always fun to learn something new! :0)

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

mmscomputerteacher said...

I have always loved Zentangles. Who knew doodling could be taken to new heights?

Sue said...

I love how you finished off each card. I had fun that night! Thanks for going with me.