Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Merry Monday #117 - Use Sequins

Good morning friends.  Merry Monday's is asking us to use sequins on our Christmas cards this week, and for any of you who follow me, you know I use sequins on just about every card I make lately!  This was definitely no hardship for me! :0)  Last week I made a card with the PTI stamp set "Wreath for All Seasons" and the baby wipe stamp pad technique.  I admitted that I really needed to have used a more solid image than the twig wreath for all the colors to show up in the baby wipe technique, so I'm entering another wreath card this week with the same technique, but using the "Rustic Wreath" die.  Take a look:



A very CAS card, but I love how the wreath turned out on this one!  I die cut the wreath first, gently pushed it facedown into my baby wipe stamp pad, and then re-inserted it back into it's negative space.  The re-inker colors I used were Gumball Green, Old Olive, & Certainly Celery.  I added my little clusters of red sequins, stamped my sentiment (from "Rustic Wreath"), matted with a layer of Real Red cs and mounted to a white card base.  Easy peasy and done! :0)

Since I had the Rustic Wreath stamp set out, I made another card with the wreath stamp instead of the die:


I used the baby wipe stamp pad again to stamp the wreath, and then used my Aqua Painter and the stamp pad to fill in the leaves.  I like this one too, but not as much as my first one.


If you love sequins like me, then check out all the beautiful cards and information to play along right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!  :0)

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Absolutley FABULOUS! Love the CAS style of this card!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the effect you have achieved, it looks fantastic. Very cute idea to use the sequins as berries too. Both of these cards are fab! Cx

Bonnie said...

I love both of these but the texture of the inset die makes me swoon! (Does that make me sound old?) LOL, And the baby wipe technique gives the wreath such good color! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Shelly said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

meg said...

Love the colours in the wreath, have never attempted this technique but after seeing your card will give it a go thanks for the inspiration

Wendy said...

Very pretty, Marcia! Love the wreath and the red sequins as berries! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Sue said...

I love both cards, but your first one is my favorite! I love the red sequins used for the berries! Looks fabulous!

Linda said...

Both cards are so pretty, Marcia. Especially like the first one. Beautiful.

Shelia said...

Oh both of these are so lovely!!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards - the inlaid die cut card is a real stand-out! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.