Friday, May 16, 2014

Sprinkled with Happiness

Good morning friends.  Got a chance to play with the new Make-it Market kit from Papertrey ink this week and made a birthday card for my niece who turned 17 yesterday.  For those of you who don't follow Papertrey Ink, this kit was an extremely sought after one that features all the elements you need to make bright and fun shaker cards filled with sprinkles (sequins, etc.).  And here's what I came up with for my first try:



It looks yummy enough to eat, doesn't it?!! :0)  It really does make me think of when our girls were little and they would always want Blue Moon ice cream with sprinkles when we went to our local ice cream shop!  And oh what a mess they were afterwards!  (but always happy!!)  So anyway, this is the clean version of Blue Moon with sprinkles! :0)  I used Bermuda Bay cardstock for my card base and for the scalloped and stitched rectangle dies.  The "Sprinkled" was die cut with Melon Mambo cardstock.  The striped background paper was included with the kit.  Making these cards is a lot of fun, but you do have to think and plan ahead what you want it to look like when it's finished...this is not a card type you can make as you go along like I usually do!  I definitely learned a lot by doing this one, and am excited to try even more now! :0)

That's all for today friends.  My goal is to get cracking on baby shower invitations this weekend, so not sure how much regular stamping I'll have time for.  Not to worry though, as I do have some graduation cards to show you next week...yep, that time of year is coming again!!  Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)  

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Fabulus card, Marcia, I am anxiously awaiting my backorder!!