Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Merry Monday #108 (Star) and Festive Friday #31

 

Good morning friends.  I am combining two challenges today and playing along with Merry Mondays, which is to use a star on your card, and also Festive Fridays, which is an inspiration photo in all red & white.   Red & white is one of my favorite color combos...LOVE the clean and simple look of it!  Take a look at what I came up with to combine these 2 challenges:


I made a shaker frame from SU!'s Season of Style DSP that reminds me of candy canes with the red & white stripes, and placed that on a piece of white cs that I embossed a ProvoCraft large dot embossing folder.  (before I sealed down the frame, I added red & clear star sequins and clear tinsel glitter...make sure you click on the photo to enlarge it and see all that yummy goodness!)  I used a couple PTI dies for the "merry" and the red glitter star ("Wonderful Words: Holiday Die Collection" and "Tiny Tags") and glued the "merry" to the clear acetate of the shaker frame.  The red glitter star hangs from the "merry" with a piece of silver cording.  Lots of little details, but still a CAS card! :0)

            

I'm not much of a sugar cookie fan, but those candy cane cookies sure do look yummy, don't they?!! :0)  There's still time to play along with both challenges (Merry Mondays) and (Festive Fridays), so check out all the great inspiration at both sites and get going on those Christmas cards! :0)

One last photo to leave you with today:



Our youngest never thinks too far ahead to things like birthdays and Mother's Day, and usually spends her paychecks as fast as she gets them!  She was obviously thinking ahead this time though, as this is what I woke up to on Mother's Day morning...aren't they beautiful?!!!  I think my eyes may have leaked a little bit!  Just when you think you know your kids, they go and surprise you yet again...thank you, thank you Calla!  They're beautiful and I love being your mom! :0)

That's all for today friends, but I'll be back tomorrow and Friday with some more inspiration for you!  Have a wonderful Wednesday! :0)

14 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Clean and simple is always great Marcia. Great creation. Beautiful flowers.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the design and colors.

Ardyth said...

I love how your star is hanging from the sentiment! Great combination of these two challenges! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Marcia, I love the CAS look and background texture. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Sue said...

Love this card. It's even prettier in person! Calla did a great job with the flowers. You have 3 amazing ladies!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful frame for this pretty layout, Marcia! Love it! And what a sweet daughter! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I saw it on Merry Monday

Diane's Stampin' Creations! said...

Nice clean and simple card. Love the shaker card idea for a Christmas card. Just might have to try it.

Unknown said...

Another fabulous card Marcia as usual keep up the great work x

Marie Bingaman said...

Love the card; the colors, and the shaker! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Love the shaker element and the CAS theme. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So pretty how you frame your center elements. Your card is very pretty! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Linda said...

Love this .... great design! xx

Geri said...

So. Very. Nice, Marcia! I LOVE the stripes and the tiny sequins you've used for the shaker element! It all looks so very pretty and festive together! So nice to have you at FF again, my dear!!!