Friday, May 9, 2014

Make it Monday #163 - Envelope Wraps

Good morning friends.  Learned about something new this week from Danielle Flanders of Papertrey Ink called Envelope Wraps and yes, I'm hooked!  I had never seen these before and Danielle does a great video on all the different ways you can dress up an envelope with a "wrap".  Check out her video here .  I had already made my mom's Mother's Day card last week using Melissa Phillips "Paper Scrap Pie Charts" technique (yes, I know, I'm getting hooked on a lot of techniques lately...it is definitely an addiction and quite frankly, I just don't care!! :0), and decided to make a matching envelope for it.  Take a look:



Because my card is smaller (5 1/2 x 3 1/2), my envelope is smaller too and I didn't have any dies that would really work for the wrap like Danielle showed in her video.  No problem....I cut my own at 8 x 1 3/4 and scored at 2 1/2.  I used Rosie Posie for the border in Pool Party, Pretty in Pink, & Daffodil Delight inks and also the roses.  I added some Gumball Green for the center of my Pool Party leaves and fussy cut those and the flowers too.  My sentiment is from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits".  Such a quick and simple technique that really adds that extra touch for a hand delivered card...I know my mom will love it! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!  Since the weather has FINALLY warmed up here in my "neck of the woods", we're going to grill hamburgers and my mom is bringing her famous potato salad...yummmmm!!    

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Very pretty card and envelope! Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom! I remember that potato salad - yum is right!

Diana K said...

Seriously gorgeous! Love it.

Nancy Penir said...

Well I say getting hooked on the right things is positively wonderful!
Mom's card and matching envie are gorgeous! Know she will love your thoughtful gift and enclosure!

Diane said...

Gorgeous designs Marcia.

Hugs diane

Sue said...

So pretty. I haven't watched her video yet. You are I are on the same wave length for our Mother's Day cards though. I used the same technique for both my mom and mother-in-law. Happy Mother's Day...enjoy!!

Marybeth said...

Oh, how pretty is this! Beautiful Marcia! I like how you decorated the rest of the envelope with light splotches or stamped can't tell ,but it sure adds lots