Thursday, May 1, 2014

Make it Monday #162 - Paper Scrap Pie Charts

Hello friends.  LOVED the challenge Melissa Phillips presented over at Papertrey Ink's "Make it Monday" this week: to use your scraps to make a pie chart.  I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the laundry basket I use to store all my scraps in...you'd definitely understand that I had no problem coming up with scraps to make my card! (actually had so much fun I made 2 cards!!)  Because I liked Melissa's card SO much, and I'm such a heart and flowers kinda gal anyway, I pretty much CASE'd her card.  Here's my first one:



Not a lot of sun in Michigan this week, so excuse my photography skills!  You can click on the pictures to enlarge them and see the details better.  I used PTI's "Limitless Layers Heart" dies, Heart Border die, Tiny Tags die, Herringbone Impression Plate,  and the "Rosie Posie" stamp set along with all my scraps for this card.  I made another very similar card in yellows for my mom's mother's day card (her favorite color):

 

This one doesn't have as much detail, but I still like it.  It's bright and cheery! :0)  And here's a photo of something else that's bright and cheery:


Don't daffodil's look like they're smiling at you?  I've never had daffodil's before, and one of the gals from my bible study was thinning hers out last year and gave me some of them to plant last fall.  I don't have much of a green thumb, but she assured me they're like weeds and very easy to grow...she was right! (Thanks Dee!!) :0)

Make sure you stop by Nicole's blog to check out all the rest of the paper scrap pie chart cards right here ...lots of beautiful inspiration! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Thursday!  Our oldest daughter turns 25 today, so I'm looking forward to celebrating with her this evening at our favorite pizza place...Fricano's! :0)

10 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous use of papers and design Marcia.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Tell Caitlin..."Happy Birthday". So hard to believe our girls are turning 25! I can still picture them both in preschool. Love these cards by the way and the hearts, too. I may have to come and visit you to borrow the scalloped heart dies. So very cute.

Birgit said...

These are both super adorable! I love the color combinations on both and the detail is perfect!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Both cards are very pretty. Love the color in both cards. Well done.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely priceless!

Patti said...

Awwww! I don't know what I love seeing more - your cards or your beautiful! daffodil! What a post of wonderful eye candy!!

Patti

Marybeth said...

Yes I got a smile out go that daffodil :) ! Both turned out so beautifully!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, both of these cards are so very pretty. Love the combo of scraps you used on each one :-)
PS: the daffodil is lovely

inkyfingy said...

Both your cards are lovely, I especially like the cheerful yellow one, nice design and colour use.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautiful cards Marcia....