Monday, April 21, 2014

No - Sew Quilted Baby Card

Good morning friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!  We celebrated with most of my family on Saturday evening as 2 of our daughters had to work yesterday, and our middle daughter was celebrating her first anniversary with her husband this weekend...hard to believe it's been a year since the big wedding!  It was great to see my oldest daughter too, and especially to see her expanding stomach!  She'll be 20 weeks along this Wednesday, so we're almost half way there!!  My husband and I gave a little "love" gift to them this weekend to help towards a crib or carseat, and of course I had to use a handmade card to put the gift in.  Take a look:


  
A couple of weeks ago, I got hooked on Papertrey Ink's "Make it Monday" technique by Dawn McVey, and made a few different cards including a baby one.  I used blue & pink scraps of DSP in 1 1/2" squares and then embossed with a dotted circle embossing folder (Sizzix).  I stamped the baby (LOTV) and colored with my Copics (E00, E02, & C1), and then cut out with a Lil Inkers Stitched circle die.  I finished off with a scalloped circle, a sheer ribbon, a baby feet charm, and a few sequins.  Love how this card turned out and my daughter did too! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!! :0)  

2 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Love this baby card Marcia.

Sue said...

Such a cute card, Marcia! Of course Caitlin would love it! The baby is so cute...love him! I love it too!