Thursday, April 24, 2014

Merry Monday #105

Hello friends.  A "little" card for the Merry Monday challenge using another stamp I forgot I even had!  I was actually going to enter this card into another challenge too, but missed the deadline...grrrrr!  I've never played with the Dynamic Duos challenge before, but my girlfriend Sue does, and I really loved the color combo they had this week - Rich Razzleberry and black with the option of gold.  But anyway, really like how this card turned out, although I have to warn you ahead of time here that it did not photograph well...you'll just have to trust me that IRL it really is very pretty!  Take a look:


The colors IRL are so much richer and deeper and it comes across as a really warm card.  I used Smoky Slate and SU!'s "French Script" background stamp first, and then stamped the angel image in Rich Razzleberry.  If you click on the photo, you'll be able to see a little better that I also used my Wink of Stella pen in the centers of a few of the snowflakes...they're pretty subtle, but add a nice touch to the card.  The "peace" I cut out of gold cardstock with PTI's "Wonderful Words: Holiday Die Collection". 


Still time to play in this weeks challenge, and if you need a little inspiration to get you started, just head on over to the Merry Monday site here.

NOTE:  In my post yesterday I mentioned we were going to my daughters ultrasound appointment, and many of you asked if we found out whether we were having a grandson or granddaughter.  My daughter and her husband both want to be surprised, so we did not find out the sex.  I have to admit I liked the technicians response to this when she said that she understood perfectly, as what better surprise can there be when that moment comes?  How true!  And it's not like we wouldn't be happy either way, so we will just have to wait until Sept. 10!  It was SO awesome to see his/her little hands and feet moving all over and the heart beating...just a beautiful little miracle...thank you Lord!!! :0)

Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll be back tomorrow with a card for monthly blog hop over at Papertrey Ink.  Thanks so much for stopping by. :0)  

9 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Nice card. I have that stamp as well but have never used it like you did.

Colleen said...

Beautiful Angel Marcia, and the peace in gold is perfect!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card Marcia! Love that gold!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful card and an excellent use for the angel.

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Marcia, I love these colours. Thank you for Playing along with us for Merry Monday.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Marcia very rich colours, wonderful for Christmas

LeAnne said...

Marcia, this is beautiful! I love the subtle stamping on the background, and your "peace" is very peaceful! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Bonnie said...

I love this angel stamp and how you've stamped her in Rich Razzleberry against that subtle background! Love the gold peace too! Thank you, Marcia, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Katie Melhus said...

Very pretty, the gold you used for peace is lovely :) So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!