Monday, March 31, 2014

Celebrating

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  We celebrated our middle daughters birthday yesterday with a family dinner and just had a great time catching up...it's been since Christmas that we've all been together.  I hadn't seen our oldest for about 7 weeks, and you can definitely tell she's pregnant now!  She's got a nice little rounded belly and she just started feeling the baby move this past week...exciting times!  And my daughter whose birthday we celebrated got a puppy from her husband and they brought him along too....he's a miniature Dachsund and is just adorable!  I should have taken a picture of him for you all, but I didn't even think about it till now...sorry!  I did take one of her birthday card though, so that's what I'm sharing today.  Take a look:


Got new stuff from PTI and just had to play with it! :0)  I am in love with the new "Wet Paint" set, and know I will get a lot of use from that set!  I also used the Button Stacks die to make the flower, and love how that turned out.  If you enlarge the photo, you'll be better able to see the detail of the flower.  I used Crystal Effects to make the flower shiny.  The greenery is from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits" and fit's perfectly with using this flower!  I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I saw Piali Biswas of Touch of Creation do a very similar card for the March Blog Hop over at Papertrey Ink, and just had to CASE it!  (Thanks for the great idea Piali!!)  I also used my Lil Inker Stitched Rectangle dies and a few sequins on this card.  Pretty CAS for me, but I really like how this turned out.  I also made a matching pillow box to stuff some earrings and a flower barrette in:


 
Had to add the pink Primrose to add a little color to our dinner table yesterday, and along with the sunshine and 52 degree temps, it really did feel like Spring yesterday!  And there's sun today too, and we're supposed to hit 60 for a high temp....wooohoooo!!!  Back to reality tomorrow with temps only in the 40's, but it's still better than what we dealt with all winter, and I'm hopeful the warm temps today will get rid of some of these "mountains" of snow we still have hanging around! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy your day, wherever you are! :0)

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Marcia, love your bright cherry card...so glad you used the stack button dies along with an older stamp set...I probably would not have thought of using them together, but they are perfect and I do love the impressions made with those stack dies. Glad you had a great evening with the family!

Irish Cherokee said...

Very creative set. Colorful, cheerful and perfect for a birthday party.

Sue said...

This card is beautiful. I'm sure Colleen loved it. So glad you were all able to get together for a few hours. You'll have to have Colleen send you a picture of her new puppy. My favorite dog ever! I love how you finished off the pillow box, too!

Kathy said...

Fun card and pillow box! Glad you were able to get all the family together, too!

Deepti said...

These are so beautiful :) love the coordinating gift box n cards !! Thank you so much for visiting my blog