Thursday, February 6, 2014

Make it Monday #151 - Drop Shadow Die Cuts

Good morning friends.  More snow and I'm car-less this week (middle daughter is borrowing my car while hers has a new transmission put in), so I've been catching up on some reading and of course, stamping!  Had to try out the new Make it Monday over at Papertrey Ink this week where Betsy showed us how to use drop shadow die cuts...fun technique!  Here's what I came up with:


Trying to keep up with my stash of cards to send my youngest who's away at college, and I think this one will fit the bill nicely!  Started with a small piece of design paper (SU!'s Fresh Prints) on the bottom, and then used PTI's "Wonderful Words: Hello" die and stamp set and "Lovely Layers" die and stamp set (also PTI).  A couple pearls to the centers of the flowers and some grosgrain ribbon finished the card.   Quick and easy and I do like the shadowed effect using 2 of the die cuts on the word hello.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great Thursday! :0)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty card. Love these colors together and the Hello shadow, too! Calla will love it, too!

Irish Cherokee said...

Very nicely done. Perfect for a busy college student.