Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

Good morning friends and Happy Valentines Day!  My husband and I don't do much for Valentines Day usually, but I spoiled him a little bit today with a couple small gifts and some of his beloved dark chocolate.  (YUCK!! Give me MILK chocolate anyday!!  Unless it's dark mint chocolate...I do really like that!) 

Today I'm sharing a simple Valentines Day card that uses a not so simple die from Impression Obsession (and my cousin Sue...THANKS Sue!!).  This die cut was a bugger to get out, but once I did, it was SO beautiful, I went with a simple card so as not to take away from the beauty of the die cut.  Take a look:


Isn't that just the prettiest die?!  Make sure you click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see all the detail!  I used some simple Recollections heart paper to set off the die cut, and then added a few simple white and pearl flowers and a sheer red ribbon.  Simple but yet SO elegant...love it! :0)

Hope you all have a wonderful day and make sure you let those closest to you know that they are loved!  Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!! :0)

3 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Very nice card Marcia. That is a beautiful die.

Helen F. said...

Oh your card is so BEAUTIFUL, Marcia! I know what you mean about those gorgeous, BUT fussy dies, I spend hours poking out the teeny detailed pieces ~so much for quick and easy cards, huh?

Princess Judy Palmer said...

GORGEOUS card! I love that fancy die with all its flourishes. You can cut the flourishes off and not use the heart part to get more mileage out of the die. Try putting wax paper between the die and the paper you are cutting. I admit I was skeptical but I finally tried it and it was awesome! The paper slipped right out of the die. The wax paper was firmly pressed to my die cut but easy enough to peel off.