Thursday, January 23, 2014

Make it Monday #149 - Glitter Embellishments

Good morning friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Inks Make it Monday challenge today, which is to use glitter embellishments on your card.  Heather Nichols made a couple of really cute valentines in her video (here) using glitter and her Xyron sticker machine.  Some day I think I'm going to have to invest in one of those sticker machines...there's a LOT more you can do with those than meets the eye....like using multiple color glitters on your die cuts and having them look really cool!  However, because I don't have one of the sticker machines, my glitter embellishment is just a very simple heart, but I love the way it looks on my Valentine card.  Take a look:


I used PTI's "Heart Squared Mini" stamp set and die to make my frame and the LOVE die is also a PTI die.  The heart that was cut out when die cutting the word LOVE is what I used to glue and glitter and then set back in the heart space.  The "you" is from PTI's "Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley".  The little hedgehog is a retired SU stamp from back in 2002...an oldie but a goodie! :0)  I embossed him with black ep and then colored him with my Copics.  A very CAS and cute card, and I really do like the silver glittered heart...just enough to add some sparkle! :0)

Off to bible study and knitting group this morning, and am hoping someone there is going to be able to help me with the baby bootie project, as I'm not having much success on my own!  Good thing I have a while before this grandbaby arrives! :0)  Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Thursday!

5 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely crisp red and white valentine! Cutest hedgehog! Need to look through those oldies of mine as well! When is your grand baby due? Have one coming in May...

Kathy said...

Such a great card! Best of luck with the booties - what color are you making them? Hint, hint.

Darnell said...

This is adorable, Marcia! I have and love that little hedgie stamp and appreciate the inspiration your card gives me for another way to use him!! Have fun learning how to knit those booties! Hugs, Darnell

Tammy said...

awesome card & take on the challenge - love the simplicity of it!

Kristii said...

Sooooo cute!!! Love the heart frame and the glittered heart is the perfect touch!