Monday, December 23, 2013

The Sounding Joy

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend and are winding down with all your preparations and just enjoying all the wonderful moments of the season with your families and friends.  We had a great time with my husbands side of the family on Saturday evening, and will see my side unfortunately today for a funeral.  A hard time of year to lose someone, but my aunt lived a good life and we know she's celebrating Christmas with Jesus this year! 

Wanted to share a card I made for an order for my girlfriend using SU!'s set from a few years ago called "The Sounding Joy".  This is a tri-fold card, so a little bit different from your regular A-2 card.  Take a look:


A bit hard to photograph a card folded this way, but hopefully you can get the idea.  When the card lays flat and folded, the star covers the inside message.  I used Cranberry Crisp cs for the base, a cream colored cs (LSS) for the inside star and inside sentiment, and a gold cs (LSS) to layer the star, sentiment, and the right hand edge strip that I embossed with a holly embossing folder.  I used the largest stamp from SU!s "Flowering Flourishes" for the background of the inside.  If you click to enlarge the picture you'll be able to see a lot more of the design.  The card looks pretty simple at first glance, but there really are a lot of different elements that went into this card that make it special and I love how it turned out! :0)  (my girlfriend did too!)

Well time for me to get motating, so that's all for today.  Have a wonderful Monday and thanks so much for stopping by...love it when you do! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks fun! Have a very Merry Christmas!