Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gift Card/Tag Week - #2

Good morning friends.  Back with day 2 of my gift cards and tags week, and today I'd like to share with you a few gift card holders I made using the file folder technique.  If you remember back around Halloween time, I made several cards using this technique, and these gift card holders are basically the same, just smaller to fit a gift card.  Take a look:



If you click on both images to enlarge them, you'll be able to see the details better...not much sun for the next few months, so it makes it hard for photographing - grrrrrrr!!  Anyway, the first 2 holders use Cranberry Crisp cardstock and design paper from Little Yellow Bicycle, Inc. (Once Upon a Christmas).  I started with a 4 x 6 1/2 piece of cardstock and then scored at 3".  I used SU!'s Envelope Board to make the tabs, and you can basically make the tabs wherever you want (you'll notice that all 3 of mine are different).  The first 2 I just cut apart my design paper to get the images I wanted and then added the "merry & bright" sentiment (PTI's "Fillable Frames" stamp set) to the tab of the one holder.  I added a few diamonds to both holders to finish them up.  The 3rd holder uses Real Red cardstock and a bit of Soft Suede behind my Santa image (Paper Inspiration), and the design paper is from SU!'s Season of Style pad.  I added a little holly die cut (PTI - Holly Jolly),  red and white grosgrain ribbon, and the Merry Christmas sentiment from PTI's "Wreath For All Seasons" stamp set.  All 3 super quick and easy to make and something a little different to put your gift cards in for those hard to buy for people on your list! :0)

Well I'm off to start some of my holiday baking (supposed to be another cold and snowy day here in my neck of the woods, so a good day to stay home and bake!! ).  I'll be back again tomorrow with day #3 of my gift card/tag week, and show you what I came up with for vertical gift card holders.   Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful and warm Tuesday! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Very festive! Really like the deer one from yesterday, too.