Monday, November 18, 2013

Wonderful Blessing

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend and survived all the wild weather if you live in my "neck of the woods". 

I've been pretty busy working on some card orders and knitting gifts for Christmas, so just wanted to warn you that I might not be posting as regularly as I have been.  I'll still be around though, and hope to be able to post a few times a week.  Although who knows though...sometimes I do my best work under pressure!  We'll just have to see.......

The card I'm sharing today was a card inspired by Jan Tink and you can check out her fabulous cards here .  The image on my card is from a single SU! stamp that I never even took a second look at until I saw Jan's card.  Here's my version:


Definitely click on this photo to enlarge it so you can see more of the detail of this image.  I started with a Spellbinders circle and glossy white cs, and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then sponged with Pool Party, Midnight Muse, & Raspberry Ripple inks.  I layered my circle on a doily and then layered that onto a square  (4 1/4 X 4 1/4) white card base and 2 layers of Pool Party and a navy blue speckled cardstock. I finished with a white and silver ribbon (Michael's).  I'm SO glad I saw Jan's card and took another look at this stamp as I think it made an absolutely beautiful card!

That's all for today friends.  Have a wonderful Monday and thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do. :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the doily - gives it a bit of a vintage look!

Unknown said...

What s unique card. Love it!