Thursday, August 15, 2013

Meadow Greens Starburst

Good morning friends.  So yesterday's card was definitely a "Fall" card, and today's card is definitely more of a "Spring" like card...but hey, the colors just all came together and it totally worked for me! :0)  I used the main flower image from PTI's "Meadow Greens" (again!!) and the starburst technique that I've been seeing all over Pinterest lately.  Take a look:


Aren't the colors just SO pretty together?  And I loved doing the starburst technique...very easy!  Just find 4 or 5 coordinating colors of cardstock/design paper and cut each strip (1 1/2" x 4 1/2") diagonally the long way, and then start at the center of a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock and adhere them down.  Once you have finished with the starburst design, simply turn the layer over and trim the top and 2 sides, and then mount to your card base (and extra layer if desired).  My main color was SU!'s Pool Party, and my design papers are from LOTV's Promises paper pad.  I embossed the flower image with white embossing powder and stamped the stem lines in Pool Party.  I used my Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies to cut out the flower, and then pop dotted it over the starburst and 3/4" strip of Pool Party.  Below the 3/4" strip I stamped the sentiment in Pool Party ink with SU!'s "Wonderful Words" (retired).  I added a few pearls as a finishing touch.  Definitely click on the picture to enlarge it so you can really see all the detail in this card.  This was SO much fun to do and I can't wait to try another one...maybe in Fall/Halloween or even Christmas colors?  Oh the possibilities!! :0)

That's all for today friends, but I'll be back tomorrow with another Christmas card for this weeks Merry Monday challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Thursday! :0)     

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this starburst idea!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful. I really like the flower. You have found so many great uses for it with different results.