Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Branch Out

Good morning friends.  Since it is kind of chilly here this morning in my "neck of the woods", I thought I would share one of my Fall cards with you today.  This card was inspired by Debbie Olson ("Thinking Inking") who posted a card a few weeks back that I just loved...she has an amazing way of coordinating designer paper and stamps that make it look like they were made to go together.  I dabble and play with color, but Debbie is a true artist and extremely gifted!

The stamp set I used for my card today is a retired SU! set called "Branch Out".  This is a set I have used over and over again, as I love the versatility of making the tree fit to any season.  Take a look:

 
(If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll be better able to see all the different layers and elements in this card)  I chose my 2 background papers first (Green Diamonds by Recollections and the flip side of Strawberry Fields by Cosmo Cricket) and used those as my color palette for the leaves on the tree (SU!'s Mellow Moss, Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie, & Crajun Craze).  I also did quite a bit of sponging using SU!'s new Baked Brown Sugar...love this color! :0)  The acorn and leaf die are from PTI and the ribbon from The Craft Spot.  For the 2 leaves that are falling, I used an old (2000) SU! stamp, and then finished off the card with a Pumpkin Pie button (SU!)and jute, and also some faux stitching around the green diamond designer paper. (also tied some jute around the top of the acorn)  I really love how this card turned out...it just says "Fall" to me! :0)
 
That's all for today friends.  Have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)   

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Such a pretty card with the fall colors, Marcia!