Monday, July 8, 2013

The Strawberry Patch

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend.  Ours was pretty laid back, but we did get a few things done around the house, saw a couple movies (The Heat & Man of Steel), did see fireworks on the 4th, and I finally watch the first season of Downton Abbey, and I am hooked!  Been listening to friends tell me what a great series it is and so my hubby ordered the first season from the library for me.  If you haven't seen it, check it out...you will love it!  Now I just have to be patient until season 2 & 3 come in!! :0)

My card today is one I made a few weeks back, but I had so much trouble trying to get the colors to come out right when photographing, that I almost gave up!  Finally this weekend I tried photographing it right on my window ledge and it turned out much better...guess natural light really is the best.  Take a look:


The stamp set is PTI's "Strawberry Patch", and after having the set for over a year and never having used it, I think this is my fourth time using it in the past month...love it!  I went with some less traditional colors for this card and used SU!'s Pool Party, Regal Rose, & Primrose Petals.  The Regal Rose & Primrose Petals look SO good together, but when I was photographing them, the Regal Rose came out as this really bright peachy orange color that really clashed with the Primrose Petals...grrrrrrr!  Anyways, I'm glad I was able to get it to come out pretty close so you could see that the colors really do work together.  And the Pool Party just really adds another soft but eye drawing color to the mix. :0)  I also used SU!'s Honeycomb embossing folder for the background and sponged it a bit with Pool Party ink.  If you click on the image to enlarge it, you can see better that I used pop dots to make the strawberries stand out and the flag banner with the sentiment pop a bit too. 

That's all for today, but I'll be back with some more Christmas in non traditional colors (trying to think more outside the box!!) tomorrow.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great Monday.  

No comments: