Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Manly Cards - Day 3

Good morning friends.  Back with Day 3 of my "manly" card series (I'm not sure there is going to be a Day 4 or 5 in this series....too much fun playing with bright colors and Christmas again!! We'll see if I get inspired today....).  Anyways, my card today started with a new embossing folder from The Paper Studio and a window die cut that my friend Judy (Thanks Judy!!!) had given to me last Christmas and I'd forgotten I had until I went looking for something else.  Don't ya love surprises like that?!  I'm also using SU!'s "Calm Seas" (retired) stamp set again on this card.  Take a look:


I started by embossing my white cs with my new "brick" embossing folder, and then sponging it with SU!'s Going Grey (retired) ink.  I matted this layer with a darker gray cs (local ss) and then again with a white card base.  I stamped the lighthouse and sailboat image from the "Calm Seas" set, and then colored in with my Copics (R29, C1, C3, and B000).  I used the window die cut to trace around my image and then cut it out and glued the window over the top of the image.  Before securing it to the brick layer, I added a thin black ribbon and a star shape (PTI Tiny Tags die & stamp set).  It all came together really easily and I just love the finished look! :0)

Because Judy had given me so many of the window die cuts, and I had them laying out from making this card, I got to thinking about Christmas again, and well the wheels started turning...so stay tuned! :0)  Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: