Friday, June 21, 2013

Watercolor Thanks

Good morning friends and happy Friday!  Don't you just love the sense of anticipation that comes with Friday's and the weekend?  We don't even have anything special going on this weekend (for once!!) and I still love knowing it will be a more laid back pace for the next 2 days! :0)  Maybe even some more stamping time?!  Although to be perfectly honest, I've been on a really big reading kick lately and just can't seem to put them down, so we'll see about the stamping.  But anyways, I told you beginning of the week I had been doing some water coloring and here is the 2nd card I made using that same technique:



  My inspiration and starting point for this card was a photograph of a sunset.  My colors used were SU!'s Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink, & So Saffron.  The tree image is also SU! from the "Serene Silhouettes" stamp set, and the sentiment is from a retired SU! set.  The twine is from The Twinery and the silver nailhead is from Gina K.  These water colors are so easy to do and I think quite lovely in their simplicity!  So if you need a quick and easy card, keep this technique in mind! :0)

Really want to play in PTI's Make it Monday challenge this week, but I'm struggling to come up with a card after seeing all the beautiful cards that have already been submitted.  We'll see if the mojo and extra time this weekend come up with anything!  Thanks for stopping by today and have a fabulous weekend! :0)

No comments: