Tuesday, June 11, 2013

FFC#10 - Theme Challenge

Good morning friends.  Back today with a theme challenge from Festive Friday's.




  Meredith has challenged us to create a "vintage" themed Christmas card this time, and while I absolutely LOVE vintage, it never quite comes together like I see in my head.  But anyways, I have a lovely vintage stamp for Christmas, and this is what I came up with:


Isn't she a cutie?!  This stamp is "Telling Santa" by Paper Inspirations and it definitely says "vintage" to me.  It was a pretty cloudy day yesterday when I took the photo, but if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you should be able to see a lot more of the detail.  I used SU!'s Crumb Cake ink to stamp her and Santa, and also used the ink to sponge and distress quite a bit of the rest of the card.  The holly embossing folder is from Darice and the design papers are from The Paper Studio.  The little tag is PTI, and after seeing so many cards lately with bells, I decided to add one to the bow, and I really like that look.  I also added a felt heart to the center of the snowflake (POW gold glitter paper and Spellbinder die) and a button tied with jute.  Not a Melissa Phillips card, but I think it still says "vintage"! :0)

Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific Tuesday! :0)

4 comments:

Ardyth said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Great vintage image with lots of rich looking details - beautiful! Thanks for playing with Festive Friday!

Geri said...

So pretty, Marcia! Love the sweet little details you added to this vintage beauty! The ink gives your image a perfect vintage look!!!! Really lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us again at Festive Friday!!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, this turned out so wonderful! I love everything about it - and that stamp is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us again this week, Marcia!

Unknown said...

Love your card, the lovely focal image, patterned paper, embossing paper, red ribbon, tag, snow flake, and all the other interesting embelishments...It is vintage yet so cute.