Monday, April 29, 2013

"Because I Care"

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  We FINALLY had spring weather in my "neck of the woods" and it was wonderful! (although I didn't get to see as much of it as I wanted due to sitting in a dark auditorium for another dance competition!) 

My card today uses a stamp that is a favorite of mine from SU! -  I just love the flower in this set ("Because I Care").  Take a look:


I used a piece of kraft cs and stamped the flower with both Pool Party and Midnight Muse (both SU!).  I masked the flower then and stamped the background with SU!'s "Script" (retired) background stamp and Crumb Cake ink.  I added half of a doily (SU!) and a piece of sheer ribbon (Michael's) and then matted it to a layer of Midnight Muse and then a kraft cs base.  It still needed something (you know the feeling...it just doesn't look done!) - so I added a little banner and also a flower from SU!'s Vanilla Flower Trim.  I've seen a lot of stampers using these flowers and love the shabby chic look they give.  I used a sponge with Pool Party and Midnight Muse inks to give the flower a little color, added my sentiment (PTI) and then finished with a little faux stitching and sponging the edges with Midnight Muse.

That's all for today friends.  LOTS of birthdays this week, so I need to get busy and do some stamping!  Have a terrific Monday and take time to enjoy all of God's creations that are budding right now...I am always amazed at just the pure glory of it all!  I have been rather impatient this spring, but as always, He has made it worth the wait! :0) 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the doily on this pretty card! Spring here too, but the snow may be back on Wednesday. We will try our best not to send the storm to Michigan.