Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Year of Flowers/Roses

Good morning friends.  Todays card was inspired by PTI's Make it Monday challenge last week, where Dawn McVey made a card using "The Sweet Life" stamp set.  This set has the most beautiful rose images, but unfortunately I do not have this set, but I do have a beautiful rose image from the Gina K "Year of Flowers" stamp set that my good friend Sue gave me for Christmas.  I was going to try and post a card each month using this set, but I'm a little behind!  But anyway, her is my version of Dawn's card using the Gina K rose stamp:


My lighting was not the best when I took this picture, but trust me that in real life, the color is much more vibrant and not so faded. (If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll see much more of the detail!) The card is pretty self explanatory, so I'll just fill you in on my colors and stamps.  I used SU!'s Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Certainly Celery, and Always Artichoke card stock and ink.  The leaves and sentiment are from PTI's "Embroidered Blooms" and the heart border die is also PTI.  I did fussy cut one of the roses (and pop dotted it) and also the leaves so that they would both stand out against the red on red of the rest of the card. 

That's all for today friends and thanks for stopping by again! :0) 
 

No comments: