Sunday, March 31, 2013

MIM #109 Watercolor Stamping Plus Embossing

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post this morning to share my mom's Easter card.  I had been wanting to play in PTI's Make it Monday challenge this week, and just couldn't seem to find the time until yesterday morning when I realized I didn't have an Easter card for my mom.  I found time and had a great hour in my crafting room!  Take a look:


I know the lighting is terrible (where did my sunshine go?!!), but I also think this is a hard technique to photograph.  It really is very pretty IRL!  I used SU!'s Certainly Celery, Pool Party, So Saffron, & Pretty in Pink re-inkers to do the watercolor background (check out Betsy's great video on her site at: http://scrapbookgirl.typepad.com/paper_scissors_and_superh/).  After that dried, I used PTI's "Birds and Blooms" set to stamp the wreath in VersaMark and white embossing powder.  This is where IRL it's so pretty as the embossing shows all the delicacy of the leaves in this stamp.  I did add a few of the flowers in Pool Party, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron to add a touch more color and then simply matted it with some So Saffron card stock and a white card base.  I finished by adding a sheer ribbon (Michael's) and a butterfly with pearls.  When I did the watercoloring part, I did 3 of them to see which one I'd like best, and I ended up using all of them:

  

Again, lighting not the greatest, but if you click on the photos to enlarge them, they look a little better.  I used SU!'s Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery for the other 2 cards and will probably use those for birthday cards down the road.  Glad I made the time to try this technique as it was a lot of fun and I will definitely be using it again!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter with your families! :0)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! Happy Easter to you and the rest of the family!

Susie said...

Beautiful! This really caught my eye when I came to your blog. I am smitten by the wreath sets that Papertrey Ink sells. So many possibilities. Love the set of three. What a nice gift card set this would make for someone.