Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Good morning friends and happy Spring!  Even though it doesn't look or feel like spring in my "neck of the woods", I've seen my first robin, so I'm still hopeful it's coming! :0)  I also have another reason to celebrate today...it's my baby's 18th birthday today!  Hard to believe and I'm not sure where the time has gone, but she has turned into a beautiful young lady and I'm very proud to say I'm her mom!!  She's also been my number one supporter and cheerleader when it comes to my cards, so I'm hoping she'll cheer about her card today too as I really like how it turned out!  Take a look:


I remember when the chalkboard technique first came out I wasn't too thrilled with it, but it has really grown on me.  My good friend Sue also made a card for me using colored embossing that inspired me to use some color in this card...thanks Sue!  I started with a piece of basic black card stock, and stamped the "18th", the "happy birthday" (PTI), and the flourish (SU!) with versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder.  The flowers I stamped next were from PTI's "Beautiful Blooms" set and I embossed those with SU!'s Melon Mambo embossing powder.  I used a white colored pencil to add the lines around the edges, and then added some pink and white twine (The Twinery) and a few diamond dots to the 3 smaller flowers.  I layered this with Melon Mambo and a Whisper White card base.  The chalkboard technique is not for a "quick" card, but it is worth the time and effort! :0)

That's all for today friends and I'll be back either tomorrow or Friday with another card I made for the Make it Monday challenge over at PTI.  Until then, stay safe and remember to find the JOY in your day...it is there for those who seek it out! :0) 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy birthday to Calla! Can't believe she is 18. Looking forward to seeing her next month, along with everyone else!

carol (krillsister) said...

Happy birthday to your baby. They do grow up fast don't they.
Pretty card.
The flowers and flourish are perfect for a young lady.
Great job with the blackboard background.
i always say wwhen you see Robins, it means any more snow will melt quickly since they are worm birds. Our robins never left our area this winter. Strange.
had little snow this winter too. But it's still cold.