Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Year of Flowers - Cone Flowers

Good morning friends.  Another quick post today to share a card I made for my mom's birthday next week (aren't you impressed I'm over a week early?!!)  This card is pretty much a CASE from the example shown in the Gina K idea book "A Year of Flowers".  I love this book as it showcases 3 different cards for each month and different techniques for each month too.  This month was direct to stamp technique which is something I have always loved doing.  The stamp used for this card starts with the whole daisy, but you use your markers to only color part of the stamp.  Take a look:


The whole daisy stamp would have been a complete circle, but by only coloring 6 of the petals (and the center) with my black SU! marker directly to the stamp, I was able to create a cone flower.  After stamping onto my card stock, I heat set the image for a few seconds with my heat gun.  I did this because I wanted to color the image with my Copics and didn't want the black outlining from the marker to run.  The Copic colors I used were: Y11, Y21, Y17, R29, YG03, & YG63.  


I finished with the sentiment from PTI's new "Birthday Style", a black & white checked ribbon, and a yellow button (SU!).  And don't you love the little ladybug at the bottom crawling toward the flower?  This was a fun and easy card to make and I think my mom will really like it! :0)

Thanks for stopping by today and have a terrific Thursday.  It's going to be sunny and in the 40's in my neck of the woods today...yea!!! :0)
   

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your mom is going to love this pretty card!