Thursday, February 21, 2013

Welcome Elikem!

Good morning friends.  Today is my 100th post....wooooohooooo!!!  A small milestone to most probably, but a big one to me in this relatively still new venture! :0)  Thanks to all who have been following me and all the positive comments...they really do help to keep me going! :0)

This weekend my family will be celebrating with my niece and her husband, who are adopting an absolutely adorable 6 yr. old from Ghanna.  Had to make a few things of course, so here's one of the cards:



I wish the lighting had been better, but you can get the general idea.  This is a 4 x 4 card, and I used the new SU! Honeycomb embossing folder for the background (SU!'s Bashful Blue cs).  The animals are PTI's "Sweet Baby" stamp set and dies, the colors are SU!'s Pumpkin Pie, Marigold Morning (retired), and Night of Navy.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I hope my color choices keep the card from looking too baby-ish...definitely going to have to invest in some more stamps that are more suitable for a young boy! :0)

My next project was a photo book I made for the new parents to add photos of Elikem.  Could not find the chip board books I have used in the past by "7 Gypsies", but I did find a smaller chip board book that I made work.  Take a look:


 
I used the photo from the invitation for the cover of the book...is he not just the cutest?!!  It will be a few months (or maybe shorter??) before he arrives, but the shower this weekend will make sure everything is ready to welcome Elikem to his new home!  All the inside pages have different design paper that will hopefully show off all the beautiful pictures of this sweet little guy and make a great memory book for Elikem (and his parents!).

That's all for today friends.  Have a wonderful Thursday and I'll be back next week with some more inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

dkorenstra said...

They were all truly adorable and perfect! Definitely cherished! Thank you so much!