Monday, February 25, 2013

FFC02

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for Festive Friday Challenge 02.  The challenge was to make a rustic, country looking card and here is the inspiration photo:



I love this photo....kind of makes me wish Christmas were next week and this is what my table would look like!  Actually I do have Christmas plates that would look great with this type of setting, so I'm going to have to keep this in mind for next December! :0)  But anyway, here is the card I came up with:



I started with a 5 x 5 flecked cream colored card base (my local stamp store) and then layered with SU!'s Soft Seude and an embossed layer (SU!'s Striped embossing folder) that I sponged with Soft Seude ink.  The look I was going for was an old barn door, and I'm not sure I achieved that particular look, but I do like the way it turned out as a background for the wreath!  The wreath is from PTI's "Wreath for all Seasons" stamp set and I absolutely LOVE this set!  I used a small stamp from a retired SU! set (Mini Watercolor Garden) to stamp the leaves on the wreath, using SU!'s Old Olive and Alway's Artichoke.  The berries are stamped in SU!'s Real Red with a "Judith" stick stamp. I layered the wreath on another layer of Soft Seude and then added a sheer red ribbon (Michael's) before adding the wreath layer to the embossed layer.  I finished by adding a tiny star tag (PTI's Tiny Tags die and stamp set) and attached with a small piece of hemp cord.  Here's an extra photo close up of the wreath so you can see the leaves better:


It's a pretty CAS card, but I think I achieved the "rustic, country" look.  Like my last Festive Friday entry, this card would be any easy one to produce a lot of, although with the size it would be extra to mail it...oh well, hand delivery works great too! :0)

That's all for today friends.  Hope you have a wonderful Monday and thanks so much for stopping by!  

2 comments:

Geri said...

This is simple but so very lovely, Marcia! You're reminding me of how much I wish I had that set!! Doing it in these traditional Christmas colors, along with your embossing and extra inking definitely achieves the rustic look! I don't know if I immediately thought 'barn door' but I sure did think 'country' and 'cozy'! Beautiful card!!! So glad to have you sharing with us again!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I am so glad you joined us again! I love your card, and I think the wreath was the perfect choice for this challenge. I love the inked embossing too, what a nice touch. Thank so much for coming back, I hope we see you for the next one!