Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Embrace Life

Good morning friends.  Is anyone else out there as tired of winter as I am?!  The forecast in my "neck of the woods" is showing snow the next 3 days and then another system moving in for next week...enough is enough already!!  Well I guess we have to make our own sunshine inside and what better way than making bright cards?!  The ones I'd like to share today are very CAS, but I like how they turned out.  Take a look:


I'm still lovin working with the watercolor technique, and this flower from SU!'s "Embrace Life" set lends itself perfectly.  After stamping the image with Tuxedo's Momento Black ink, I used my Aqua Painter with SU!'s Melon Mambo ink to color in the flower.  One of the things I love about watercoloring is that you don't neccesarily need to "stay in the lines".  After the image dried, I used a white gel pen to color the ends of the flowers stamens, and then stamped the sentiment.  I layered with a piece of Melon Mambo and then adhered to a white card base.  I made a few of these cards with different colors and sentiments...here's another one I liked:



I used SU!'s Pumpkin Pie ink for this one and really like how it turned out too!  You could use any color your heart desires and quickly make a stash of cards to have on hand for just about any occasion.  Another idea would be to completely leave the sentiment off the cards until you need them, and then it's just a quick fix to add what you need at the time you need it.

Well that's it for today friends.  I hope you have a terrific Tuesday and I'm back to working on wedding things.  It sure seems like a lot of work, but I know it's going to be an absolutely beautiful day when it gets here!  I have had a few sleepless nights recently though, worrying about everything that still needs to be done, but my devotion for today hit the nail right on the head..."Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go".  Just being told AGAIN that I'm NOT in control!  Good thing He understands my humaness! :0)  Have a JOY filled day friends! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love this flowery cards! It's so dreary here I put some fake spring flowers outside in my flower plants. My younger self said I would never do that. Wish I was there to help with the wedding stuff! Hang in there.