Monday, January 7, 2013

Sweet Baby

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was pretty laid back, which was really nice for a change!  I even got to spend most of the day yesterday in my craftroom and get lots accomplished...that's always a good feeling. :0)  I've had a few orders lately for baby cards, so that's mostly what I will be showing you this week.  Here's one of them I came up with:



Is this little image too cute or what?!!  It is a SU image from 1996, but that's about all I can tell you about it.  I was given this stamp with a bunch of other ones from a friend quite a few years back who decided she didn't really like stamping after all (who DOESN'T like stamping?!!!!!).  When she gave me the box, I didn't think about the fact that all different stamps were mixed up and that I wouldn't have any idea which set they belonged to.  If any of you really need to know though, I'm sure I can research it out from older catalogs or even Splitcoast Stampers...just let me know.  Anyway, on to the card!  I started with a card base of SU's Bashful Blue, and then layered a piece of Whisper White (5 1/2" x 2 1/2") that I had embossed with the large dots (ProvoCraft ) and sponged the edges with Bashful Blue ink.  I left a little of the top edge of this layer unglued so that I could insert a white circle (cut with Spellbinders circle dies).  I stamped the image of the little guy with Momento's Tuxedo Black ink and then colored him with Copics (face & hands: E00, E02, & R81(for cheeks), & B21 for little sleeper).  I cut the image with a smaller circle die (Spellbinders) and then layered him on a Bashful Blue scalloped circle (Spellbinders).  I also added little white dots (gel pen) on the scallops of the Bashful Blue circle to make it stand out a little more.  Before attaching the image layer, I added a sheer white ribbon (Michael's) and then finished by adding the little tag from PTI's "Tiny Tags" stamp set and die (this is probably my my most "go to" stamp set...I LOVE it!!).  A quick, easy, AND cute card to give or send new parents! :0)

That's all for today friends!  Have a wonderful Monday and hope to see you back here again tomorrow.  

No comments: