Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Good morning friends and Happy New Year!  Did you make it up to midnight to bring in the new year?  I kinda sorta kinda did...fell asleep in the recliner around 10:30 and then my husband woke me up at midnight to wish me a happy new year.  That counts, right?! :0) 

Remember when I talked about getting the most mileage out of a stamp, by using different colors (or layouts, or even sentiments)?  Well today's card shows what just changing the color a little bit can do to make a card seem totally different.  Take a look:


Same flower as yesterday, but used 2 different colors!  I inked up the flower (SU's "Blooming with Kindness") with SU's Only Orange and then added just a bit of SU's Melon Mambo ink around the edges and center before stamping it on Whisper White cs.  I layered it with a piece of Melon Mambo cs and attached it to a Whisper White card base, added a few silver nailheads (Gina K) and was finished.  Definitely a CAS card! :0)

How many of you fell in love with the paper ornament on the cover of SU's Holiday catalog this year (well technically last year...20102)?  I loved it, but just couldn't afford it.  BUT...couldn't I kind of copy it?  Here's my version:



A friend had the dies, so I just picked out a couple of design papers, did a LOT of folding, added some tulle, some hot glue, and voila!  My version! :0)  Doesn't have the depth or layers that Stampin Up's had, but I was still pleased with how it came out and proudly hung it on our tree this year! :0)

Tomorrow I'll be back with a card that uses the same two colors as todays card, but using a different stamp set.  Until then, happy stamping and enjoy the beginning of a brand new year where anything is possible! :0)  Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful! It will a great heirloom for your grandchildren.